Build Up Marietta is a facade improvement and building restoration program where downtown business and property owners can apply for matching funds of up to $3,000, or 50% of a project, on a quarterly basis. All funds for the Build Up Marietta program are distributed on a reimbursement-only basis. This program is administered by Marietta Main Street in alignment with our mission to promote, preserve, and enhance downtown Marietta according to the Main Street Approach. Build Up Marietta is made possible through the support of the Marietta Community Foundation and their funders.
The vision of Build Up Marietta is a vibrant, revitalized, visually-appealing downtown with historic structures that have been preserved and adapted to modern-day usage. This program is intended to pair financial resources with local mentors on restoration of historic properties, facade improvement, business enhancement, and design for awardees of Build Up Marietta funding.
- Facade improvements such as exterior painting, exterior brick maintenance, new or replacement awnings, lighting, new or replacement signage, & door/window repair
- Projects that increase the value of a building
- Projects that are submitted with a full application with all requested materials provided in the requested timeline.
- Commercial business/building owners
- Projects within the C4 District of the City of Marietta, OH as defined by the provided zoning map
- New projects, not projects that are completed, underway, or under construction
- Projects with 50% matching funds from other funding sources, with the applicant's proven ability to fully fund the project up front.
Ineligible projects for Build Up Marietta are new construction projects, government properties, or national franchise properties. Project funding will not be awarded for equipment purchases, promotional literature, projects that do not increase the value of a building, projects where the outcome is temporary or owned solely by a business (with the exception of signage), and projects that do not reflect the values of quality design and historic preservation.
2017 Build Up Marietta Application
- The Build Up Marietta program accepts applications on a quarterly basis. All applications must be submitted in full no later than the following dates: July 1 & October 1.
- Awardees will be announced no more than thirty (30) days after deadline, and hopefully sooner.
- Grant application [available below] with required signatures
- Full project budget, detailing 50% matching funding request
- Any renderings, photographs, etc. of intended project outcome
- Statement on impact of project
All application materials can be submitted via email or hard copy.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies can be mailed to Marietta Main Street, P.O. Box 5013, Marietta, OH. All applicants are encouraged to notify Marietta Main Street of their intent to submit prior to submission.
All applications are reviewed by a jury who build consensus to ultimately decide which applications will be awarded funding each quarter. A list of jury members will be made available upon final confirmation of the 2017 lineup.